Welcome to the Indian Consulate
India’s diplomatic presence in Saudi Arabia goes back to pre-independence period when India had a Vice Consul in the British Embassy in Jeddah to look after Indian pilgrims who came to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for Haj.
Independent India’s diplomatic mission was set up in Jeddah in 1948, initially as a Consulate, then as a Consulate General, a Legation, and in 1957 as a full fledged Embassy.
Latest NEWS and Events
- 15 Jan - Standard Syllabus for Teaching Hindi to the Foreigners
- 7 Jan - Global Exhibition on Services (GES) from 23-25 April, 2015
- 7 Jan - GENERAL CULTURAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME for 2015-16
- 5 Jan - CG's Message on (new outsourcing services with M/s VFS Global )
- 24 Dec - Public Advisory with regard to handwritten passports and related matters